Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's Wednesday already?

Oh, how I love this time of year! So close to summer, so close to vacation, so...chaotic!
It's been another crazy busy week here but I was determined to get something done, that and I need to document a few things for next year when I'm struggling for things to do.
 
So here goes, another "What Wendy did Wednesday..."
 

First, my sweet little munchkin here was baptized this past weekend!
It was wonderful. We were surrounded by family and friends and such an overwhelming sense of love. I absolutely enjoyed every moment,  but am SO glad it's over!

Then it was Easter!
 I had a friend ask me about helping her to re-create a super cute basket she had seen over at the

 Um, yeah I was going to help-it's was super cute!
I copied the rabbit, and then went a little crazy with it and came up with the lamb and chick.
Such fun Easter baskets-I used the little white rabbit for my Rabbit Romp Exchange Basket!
I will share the how-to's later, it was really easy and surprisingly inexpensive.


I was asked to help decorate tables for our Relief Society Birthday Celebration. We were focusing on service in our community and the heritage of the organization, so super simple decor was the idea.
I found an old beat-up 1x6 in a field and put it to good use. I made a set of candlesticks and a flower box from it. The flower box is a bit of a teaser for May's Wood You Like to Craft?
The event kicks off Monday if you want to play along...



...and last, one more little detail to cross off my "to-make" list.
 I ran across this idea while thumbing through a catalog and loved the look of it. When I won a $30 gift certificate to Angie's Country Chic Cottage and found that she carries vintage paper of all sorts, it was fate!
 
I took an old vase, the vintage dictionary sheets, and some  mod podge and gave that vase a new, modern look. Quick, easy, and totally worth it. And now, I'm ready for a nap!
Have a great day, and happy crafting...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love those darn cute baskets!

Stef said...

Your Baskets are Adorable!!
Stef
itsallinmyheadstefsblog.blogspot.com

Nicole@CraftySisters-nc said...

Great job! I'm so glad you had fun putting these together! I must say I'm totally loving that chick! Can't wait to see what you do for the planter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...