Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Wood You Like to Craft? the Craft Goodies way...April Project!



Hey friends,
Just a quick reminder that this month's Wood You Like to Craft? linky party starts Friday 4/8 at Sassy Sanctuary and will remain open for one week!
If you played along or plan to be sure to link up your project. 5 will be high-lighted with the top pick winning a super fun prize.
All 4 versions are up over at Krysal's blog, go check them out if you need some inspiration...here's mine...
 
I'm linking this project to the CSI Easter Challenge


Visit thecsiproject.com
 
 
"I'm so excited to be here to share with you my take on Krystal's Candlestick Rabbits.
I knew what I wanted to do the minute I saw them...
 


So what did I do different? Let's find out...
 



First, I didn't use candlesticks!
 (I think I have an issue with size, maybe it's my awesome-not-quite 5'2" stature that makes me feel the need to up-size, but once again I went BIG!)
I purchased two 29 inch table legs from Lowe's.
They had quite a few to choose from, ranging in height from 9 inches to 36 inches.
 And in several different styles, some more rounded, some a lot less ornate.
The cool part is the ends are all finished with a sphere-ish end and a squared flat end-perfect for a rabbit head and a base to stand up on!
I didn't need any other wood pieces because of the shape of the legs.
 I did cut the base on one to shorten it a bit and cut off the extra "bump" from the tops.
I painted and sanded and then got to decorate...
 


The cheeks are "blushed" with pink ink. The nose and carrots are polymer clay. Black thread for the whiskers, painted eyes, and drawn on mouth and freckles.

The ears are cut and sewn muslin-stitching on the outside and ruffled a bit for shape. Blushed with ink in the inner ear, and slipped over a wire loop to help hold them up.

I used a "boring bit" to make a 3/4 inch tunnel in the top of the piece to give the ears a place to sit.  Everything is hot glued into the tunnel so the ends don't stick out and it helps to give a strong support to the ears. Sorry, forgot to take a picture of that...

Then it was just raffia, some ribbon, and a few flowers to finish them off and TA! DA!
2 super cute, slightly tall, adorable rabbits!
{Even my not-so-in-favor-of-my-projects daughter walked by and said,
"GOSH! Those are cute mom!" BIG TIME compliment...}


Thanks Krystal, for a great project and for letting me be here today!
I can't wait to see what other ideas you've inspired...
Happy Crafting!"




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I need your help! How do you post 3 pictures together. So it is like 1 big picture but with the 3. Like on this post. I know I am making this very confusing but I think you know what I mean.

Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...