Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's Officially Spring...over my Dining Table!

My little house is slowly becoming more me.
When you can't paint you have to look elsewhere for color.
I was given this idea by an amazingly talented woman at church...
 


...I forgot to take the boring "before" picture. Just imagine the lonely little light, naked and cold...

Can I just tell you how big of a difference this this makes! I love it!
It adds a little distinction to the dinning area (our floor plan is VERY open)
and  actually makes eating a little more intimate even for my family of seven!


 
I started with a grapevine wreath form, wired in the ivy and bead garland, then added the individual hydrangea, Persian rose, red berry stems, and grass picks.
I tied the wreath to the chandelier using burlap ribbon, leaving the ties a little long, and last used craft wire to add a handle to the glass globes and then tied those to the light with a green sheer ribbon.
 
The tea lights are battery operated-I don't trust my 3 yr old with fire! And they are so fun. I'm thinking I need one more globe and a filler of sorts to hide the tea lights a bit.
 But aside from that, I'm a happy girl!
(AND, my husband didn't even complain that it was in the way-success!!!)
 
Happy Crafting.
 
Wreaths and Door Decor...

Visit thecsiproject.com


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...