Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Monday, April 4, 2011

Fruit Salad with Sweet Orange Cream...Summer Salad Linky Party!

Free summer sun clip artI am craving all things summer right now! Warm days, late nights, no alarm clocks, and simple, light lunches and dinners cause it's to hot to do anything else! Here's my problem, I only know like 2 salad recipes.
I love salad, it's my favorite thing to order when we go out to eat, but I just don't know how to make any really good "meal" salads. I'm hoping you'll help...
I'm opening a "Super Summer Salad" linky party!!! 
I'm leaving it open indefinitely, hoping that we can all benefit from it's spoils!
Please, please, share your recipes for quick, easy, light, summer meals and salads...I know I don't want to spend my summer over a hot stove, do you?

I'll get us started...
This is by far my FAVORITE salad, ever! It makes a perfect lunch on it's own or goes so well with a chicken salad croissant sandwich. It's so quick and easy, 15 minutes max. And made with fresh, yummy fruit that is often on hand.
{I served this at my oldest daughter's baptism-it was a super hit! I get asked  to make it all the time.)
Ya, my mouth is watering...give it a try.
I won't think any less of you if you end up drinking the dressing (only because I've done it myself!)
Fruit Salad With Sweet Orange Cream

Fruit  Salad with Sweet Orange Cream
makes 8 1/2 C servings
Dressing


1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 tablespoon honey

Salad

1 cup strawberry halves
1 cup red apple slices
1 cup seedless green grapes
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin orange segments, well drained*
Mixed salad greens

Directions

Combine all dressing ingredients in small bowl with wire whisk; mix well.

Combine fruit in large bowl.

To serve, divide greens among 8 salad plates; top with fruit and dressing.

*Substitute 1 cup canned pineapple chunks in juice, well-drained.

VARIATION: Omit salad greens. Prepare dressing. Place fruit in large bowl. Add dressing; toss lightly.
 



Alrighty ladies, now it's up top you!
 Share your favorites, make my summer that much lazier, I'll love ya forever!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just linked up (2) of our families favorite salads

Mel said...

Ooh, that really sounds delicious - fruit salad with sweet orange cream ! I adore salads with fruit in them - so fresh! I have added my link for my favourite salad - Mango and prosciutto - mmmmm

Jana and Brett said...

Yummy! Can't wait to try all of these! Thanks for hosting! :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...