Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Friday, May 4, 2012

So You Think You're Crafty Week 2..Thrift!!!

Hey there--I'm hanging out in Utah with my family and realized I still needed to post my SYTYC projects. Hope you enjoy them...

To be honest, thrift isn't really my thing...{can you hear my husband yelling a loud "NO KIDDING!"} I just enjoy being able to make things so I don't always pay attention to the final cost. That made this challenge at first very daunting but in the end especially rewarding. I came up with something that I LOVE and didn't spend a thing!!!

How's that for a freebie?
It started with a phone call from a sweet friend and a delivery of this:

We had already saved it once, thus the pink covered cork board where the screen once was, but it was in sad shape. Three of the corner pieces were broken and it was barely staying together. So I completely took it apart, cleaned it, cut it down a bit, and then with a few treasures from around my house,re-made it into a "country-esque" serving shelf for my back patio.

It's perfect for holding books and a drink, or even a side dish or two this summer when we get to eat outside. There's even a few hooks along the bottom that could hold a few small lanterns for a romantic late-night snuggle...

All I can say is HOORAY for THRIFTING!!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...