Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Monday, May 7, 2012

SYTYC Week 3... Knock Offs!!!

It's been a  crazy few weeks and once again I find myself falling further and further behind with my posts. I'm having a blast competing in So You Think You're Crafty and so deeply appreciate your votes! Here's my week 3 project...


This theme was more of a which project do I want to make versus a what project to make because trust me, I have quite the list. But this one kept calling my name...


I think it must be the time of year. That and any excuse to go plant shopping, I'll gladly take!
This terrarium comes from Pottery Barn. It's beautiful, serene, and its huge--like fish tank huge.
So my first obstacle was to find a size that would work for my space and from there it was just fun.


I ended up using picture frames, a set of hinges, some scrap wood, and paint sticks. Supplies that were easy to find and so much less expensive.
 {Isn't that part of what makes a knock-off so rewarding?}
I'm so thrilled with how it came out.


It's perfect!
Perfect for the space I have and perfectly NOT Pottery Barn priced...
thanks for another fun week, my to-make list is finally getting a little bit shorter!



1 comment:

Delle said...

I loved this and I voted for you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...