Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

SYTYC Week 4...SCRAPS ONLY!!!

WAHOO! Made it through to another week! Here's what I made for "Scraps Only" Week...

Okay, let's be honest.
 There are some themes that I am far more excited for than others.
This is one that I was just hoping I'd make it to!
Why? Because I have this great habit of collecting all the little left-overs from my other projects and storing them away "for another day's project". clearly I can find use for a 2 inch piece of ribbon, right?
Anyway, today it paid off because I finally put a bunch of those little pieces to good use...


My dad was telling me a while ago that he needed a way to remember all the grand-kiddos birthdays and so scraps in hand, he will be getting this festive little Birthday Board! The frame was even a scrap--leftover from grandma's house.


I dug through paper scraps to find fun prints to make the banner and "HAPPY" letters, the letters on the banner are leftover bits of pre-cut card stock lettering spray painted black, the months are leftover stickers from a church project, and ribbon saved from everything.


The medallions show each grand baby's special day on a cupcake sticker with the date and their name written in sharpie. (Sorry, I fuzzed it out to keep it secret)
 Grandpa can have no excuses now for not getting those birthday cards in the mail!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...