Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Monday, January 31, 2011

Knock-Off Inspired Contest @ 733...

Ruffle Pillow from Pier 1
Kim over at seven thiry three is hosting a fun Knock-Off inspired contest. You have until Feb 11, to enter your best knock-off inspired project. Grab your project and head on over to enter. As I have pillows on the brain{still}, this is what I'm entering...


This fantastic little gem resides at Pier 1 for a mere $29.95, gorgeous but not what I want to spend on a pillow, especially when I need at least 4!


Praise be to the knock-off, here's the one I came up with, and at about $7.50 per pillow, it's like I  bought 1and got 3 for free!!!

I used a 12x12 pillow form and about 1 1/2-2 yds  of 100% cotton fabric, cut into 3x3 inch squares, per pillow. As these won't be used for anything other than looking at, I put them together with a lot of fabric glue. A dab in the middle of each square, and then pinched together to form the ruffles,  and then more glue on the form to hold the ruffle in place. I started in the center and worked my way out, tucking the new layers underneath the already established ones.
Be sure to check back on Wednesday to see what I made to match! It's big, and tall, and hangs on the wall...and I LOVE it! {And it was inspired by a paint sample pamphlet-another knock off of sorts!}





 
Happy {Knock-Off} Crafting! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic project! Good luck :)

Anonymous said...

VERY CUTE! I AM YOUR NEWEST FOLLOWER AND I WOULD BE HONORED IF YOU WOULD LINK YOUR SUPER CUTE BLOG UP ON MY BLOG STALKIN' PAGE.

http://alaynahoward.blogspot.com/p/blog-stalkin.html

Libby said...

I just saw this for sale at our Pier 1--for $49!! Since I would use the pillow I'd have to sew the ruffles on and that sounds like too much work. Even if it weren't intended to be used it would be. That's how this household rolls. Even the cat would use it to deposit her long hair on

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...