Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Monday, January 10, 2011

Beef Stroganoff &

Monday Munchies...
My hubster, when home, always cooks over the weekends. It's fantastic for me, and great for him too. He is a grilling kind of guy and LOVES to be outside smoking or BBQ-ing something.
He grills the best steaks, so I had him throw on a few extras to help me out with dinner tonight...
 
Beef Stroganoff
{I know there are a million of these out there, but I promise, this is a goodie!
Especially when the steak is already cooked.}
Daria's Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Recipe serves 4 but is easily doubled
 
1 pound beef sirloin, thinly sliced
1 tbs oil {I like Olive!}
1/2 C finely chopped onion
2 tsp minced, fresh garlic
2 1/2 C sliced mushrooms
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup, undiluted
1/4 C water
1/2 C sour cream
black pepper to taste
 
1. in a large skillet, heat the oil over med heat. add the onions, garlic, and mushrooms.
 cook 3-4 min, or until softened. Stir in the meat strips and heat through.
{ if you need to cook the beef, remove the veggies from the pan, increase the heat a bit and cook until brown} 
2. reduce the heat to low. stir in the soup and water. cover and simmer  for 5 min.
stir and pepper to taste.
3. remove from heat, stir in the sour cream and serve right away.
 
We like to eat this over linguine noodles with a side of steamed broccoli.  
The sauce over white rice or egg noodles is good too!
 
 
and how about a quick and easy, family friendly dessert?
I found this while blog-hopping and am giving it a try...
 
Homemade Twix Bars
 
You'll find the recipe and directions for these at Santa's Gift Shoppe.
I dare say these won't make it to tomorrow!
 
Happy Munching!
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...