Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Monday, June 13, 2011

A Better Tin Foil Dinner!!!

One of my favorite memories as a child was our annual summer "Davis Family Camp Out".
It was so much fun!!!
A week in the woods somewhere in Southeastern Idaho with my mom's family.
There was always a treasure hunt, magazine paper dolls, making smores and tin foil dinners!
 
So, the tin foil dinners weren't really my favorite part but I love the memory of putting them together-
onions, hamburger, carrots and potatoes, a sprinkle of salt and pepper then wrap that baby up and toss it into the fire. Clearly we were NOT gourmet campers.
 
As my daughter was doing her pre-certification for girl's camp this memory of mine resurfaced. She had to make two different "Camp Fire Meals" and well, she wasn't having any of my hamburger/veggie goodness.
So, we did what everybody these days does and googled it! I just wanted to share a few of the links/recipes that we came across. I really had no idea the amount of things you can put into a ball of tinfoil and cook on the fire. Our family campouts will NEVER be the same!
 
Razzle Dazzle Recipes
BellaOnline pg 1
BellaOnline pg 2 
 
(She ended up making tacos and stroganoff and loved them both!)
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...