Peach Melba Ice Cream Cake
Serves 8 20 minute prep + 5 hrs of chill time
1 ring shaped angel food cake (about 13 0z) 1 pint frozen raspberry sherbet, slightly softened
¼ C raspberry pie filling
2 med. sized fresh peaches, cut into small chunks 1 C fresh raspberries ½ C raspberry pie filling
1. Place the cake, top side down, on a plate. Using a long serrated knife, slice a ½ inch layer from the top of the cake, lift the slice off in one piece and reserve.
2. Using a small serrated knife, cut a trench in the cake ½ inch in from the inner and outer edges to within a ½ inch from the bottom. Carefully remove the center without breaking through the bottom or sides.
3. Spoon 1 cup of the sherbet into the trench. Spread evenly with the back of a spoon, around the trench. Drizzle with the pie filling and top with the remaining sherbet. Replace the reserved cake top onto the cake and gently press down.
4. Freeze for 1 hour, then wrap loosely and freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
5. Make the topping: In a med. bowl, gently mix the peaches, raspberries, and pie filling.
To serve, remove the cake from the freezer and invert it onto a serving plate. Spoon the topping into the center and serve right away.