Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Monday, March 21, 2011

OWTWI Week 2 Project...Wear Green! and Moving on to Week 3!

Just a little note...somehow, I'm still in this thing!
Wasn't super sure I'd make it to week 3, last week's projects were so good, so if by chance you voted for me, THANK YOU!!!
 If`not, I can't say I blame you, (I didn't even vote for me).
Week 3 projects are up and waiting for your vote. The theme is "Spring Cleaning". We had to create a project from stuff we already had around the house, no money was to be spent on supplies.
(I personally could use about a year's worth of this theme!)
So go check out this week's entries, and here, justfor fun, is my week 2 submission...
 
"What started out as my daughter's need for a " NO PINCHING" shirt erupted into a green fiesta!
You  see we have a small problem at our house, when you make something for one...
you have to make for all.
 



{That, and I was having a great time, it's been far to long since I've hung out with my sewing machine.}
I started by adding a hand drawn clover applique to a plain white tee and then outlining it with a super ruffled ribbon. I think my girlie is officially clear of the pinching...
 
Skirts came next, I went pattern-less and was super happy with the results. A few more altered tee's, one turned cardi with a snap-close collar and change-able rosette for a spot of color. And the other with a fun emerald green row of layered and rolled fabric flowers.
 



Then came the shoes...
{I have to tell you, I'm feeling kinda smart about this one! I LOVE it! And best part, my little one is keeping her shoes on because she too LOVES them.}
 


I bought a pair of white slip-ons and sewed on a snap to the tongue of each shoe. Then whipped up a bunch of ribbon flowers/pom poms in different colors and sewed on the snap back to them.

Ta-Da! Shoes that match EVERY outfit with a simple little snap.
 
This challenge was a ton of fun!
We are happily wearing green at our house."

2 comments:

Stef said...

Darling outfits! You are a master of all crafts ;) I made your adorable flower pots & gave you a little shout out on my blog! Thanks for inspiring me ;)
Stef
itsallinmyheadstefsblog.blogspot.com

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

I loved the snap idea for the shoes! nice job!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...