Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Thursday, March 10, 2011

OMTWI Week One Challenge...Trash to Treasure

Thanks to all of  my amazing friends for voting! It was fun to read your emails-even more fun to know you know me well enough to pick out my project! I'll find out tomorrow if I still get to play, either way, it was a ton of fun and very flattering to even make the finals. {Sounds like I'm giving an Oscar speech...}

Here's my week one project from One Month to Win It...auditions for season 2 are open now! Go for it girlies, you can do it! The prizes are awesome-a $50 gift card to Target!!! Seriously, small slice of heaven right there. Good luck...

 
Here's the inspiration story... 
"This project took on a whole new direction about half way through, {but I love the end result!}
 I started by building the frame and then painting it. I was half-way through adding a bunch of lettering and small sayings like "take the time to LAUGH & PLAY. Sing and dance! Smell the flowers..." when I decided I didn't love it. I was going to start a completely different project when my phone rang! After a great "you can do this" chat with my bestie, I decided to stick with it but knew it needed something. It wasn't until I was sitting at my daughter's ball practice that it hit me. It needed texture! It needed fabric...
so back to Goodwill I went and found a sheet in the perfect shade of blue, and it was only $4!
 

Here's how she came together...
 I started with a soft blue king size sheet and a handful of plastic frames from my local Goodwill and then scored big time at a near by construction site...
 Free wood!!!
The clock parts came from a left-over project and everything else I had here at home.
I used the wood to create a 30x30 frame then
I tore up the sheets into 4 inch strips and wove them across the wood frame to add some fun texture to the piece. 
 



Clock parts came next to help with the frame/number spacing.
I then painted the frames, added some vinyl numbers and then glued them into place.
 



All said and done this trash to treasure came in at just under $12! 
Fantastic!" 
 

5 comments:

Stef said...

Ha! I voted for you & didn't even know it was your project ;) Really cool idea!
Stef
itsallinmyheadstefsblog.blogspot.com

Holly Do. said...

Oh..my...goodness, I'm surprise you don't have 500 comments about this clock...adorable, so cute, Got to make me one!!

Emily said...

Congrats on making it to week 2!

JLynneCreations said...

Wow! This is so clever and it looks amazing!

Jessica said...

I LOVE this clock!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...