Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Thursday, March 10, 2011

OMTWI Week One Challenge...Trash to Treasure

Thanks to all of  my amazing friends for voting! It was fun to read your emails-even more fun to know you know me well enough to pick out my project! I'll find out tomorrow if I still get to play, either way, it was a ton of fun and very flattering to even make the finals. {Sounds like I'm giving an Oscar speech...}

Here's my week one project from One Month to Win It...auditions for season 2 are open now! Go for it girlies, you can do it! The prizes are awesome-a $50 gift card to Target!!! Seriously, small slice of heaven right there. Good luck...

 
Here's the inspiration story... 
"This project took on a whole new direction about half way through, {but I love the end result!}
 I started by building the frame and then painting it. I was half-way through adding a bunch of lettering and small sayings like "take the time to LAUGH & PLAY. Sing and dance! Smell the flowers..." when I decided I didn't love it. I was going to start a completely different project when my phone rang! After a great "you can do this" chat with my bestie, I decided to stick with it but knew it needed something. It wasn't until I was sitting at my daughter's ball practice that it hit me. It needed texture! It needed fabric...
so back to Goodwill I went and found a sheet in the perfect shade of blue, and it was only $4!
 

Here's how she came together...
 I started with a soft blue king size sheet and a handful of plastic frames from my local Goodwill and then scored big time at a near by construction site...
 Free wood!!!
The clock parts came from a left-over project and everything else I had here at home.
I used the wood to create a 30x30 frame then
I tore up the sheets into 4 inch strips and wove them across the wood frame to add some fun texture to the piece. 
 



Clock parts came next to help with the frame/number spacing.
I then painted the frames, added some vinyl numbers and then glued them into place.
 



All said and done this trash to treasure came in at just under $12! 
Fantastic!" 
 

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...