Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pillow Issues and Patterns...

How did it get to be Thursday already? Doesn't that always seem to be what happens this time of year?
 I started working on these pillows late Monday night. After some, okay a lot of trial and mostly error I got a star that I liked figured out. The letters and holly leaves were a piece of cake. Got everything cut out and ready to sew...
Sat down Tuesday to finish them AND MY SEWING MACHINE BROKE!
 
So as I sit and wait for it to be fixed, contemplating if it would be worth trying to hand sew it, I will share the patterns and wish you better luck than I am currently having! I DO believe these will be darling so give them a try and report back, I'm dying to see some finished!
 
{I am realizing this desperatley needs pictures, I'll add them in as I can}
 
Here's what you need:
1 1/2 yds of muslin
heat and bond lite
about 1/4 yd fabric for letters
Green felt for holly leaves and snowflake
(1 square is plenty)
6 small red buttons for berries
3 yds of trim for pillow edges
 
And of course a few patterns!
 
page 1
page 2
page 3
 
So the plan from there would be to trace and cut out 5 of the star pieces. Tape them together so that they form an actual star, should be about 15 inches across when done.
 
Trace 3 stars onto doubled muslin. Cut out leaving a 1/4 in seam allowance. Set aside.
 
Iron the heat and bond onto your letter fabric and felt following the directions. Trace the letters, leaves, and snowflake onto the paper side of the heat and bond.
*Remember to trace the letters backwards*
 
Cut out and iron them into place on the star cutouts.
Add any hand/machine stitching to the letters now.
Sew on the berry buttons.
 
Turn each pillow right sides together and pin trim into place. It will sit in between the two fabric pieces with the finished edge facing in.
 
Sew the pillows together, leaving a small section open for turning and stuffing.
Turn the pillows right side out and stuff away!
 
Hand stitch the opening closed and display those babies!
 
I am determined to finish these {before Christmas!} good luck, holler if you need clarification, and
Happy Crafting!


2 comments:

Erika said...

I love the pattern, but I can't get the first page to print. Is it just my computer? It sometimes has issues

Unknown said...

Erika-

It was a pain in the bum to get that page on there-I think it's having issues! I re-pasted it, hopefully it will work. If not, shoot me an email and I'll send you the pdf.

Good luck-
Wendy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...