Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Friday, December 3, 2010

It's Begining to Look A Lot Like Christmas {Finally...}

Life has been coming at me so fast lately, at times it's felt like warp speed-so yesterday, I gave myself the day off! I did nothing I should have done and everything I wanted.
It was WONDERFUL.
 
Want to see what I did? I finally got around to getting up my tree...
 

I LOVE MY TREE!
 Not just how it looks, but literally, I love the tree. It was a "gift" from my dad a few years ago. He  upgraded to a swanky pre-lit pine and I begged for this old school blue spruce. It holds wonderful memories for me and is worth every single scratch I get while separating and installing every branch.

And if you could have heard my girls reactions when they got home from school and saw it! Worth every minute it took to put it together.

This was my little "helper" in action.
 
I also finally got around to making this...
 

Let me explain.
Christmas for me has ALWAYS been about family. My earliest memories of Christmas are filled with images of my grandparents, great-grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, and of course my sisters, brother, and parents~family, lots of it.
I've grown up a bit since then and have moved further away from home and further away from those big family style holidays. And my grandparents and mom are no longer here with us, but my memories still are.
 I had a bunch of my moms older, favorite ornaments just sitting in a storage box and needed to do something with them. I had sat them on  a display platter but my kiddos thought that meant they could play with them. So what to do?
I ended up having my dad track down some of his parents holiday ornaments, and I acquired a few from my mom's parents too.
I wired them into this wreath form along with a few of mine, and look what I ended up with!
A generational wreath that is FILLED with memories of wonderful holidays past. It was so fun to hear my dad tell me about some of these ornaments-he remembered hanging them up as a child himself!
The best part is that they each remind me of people that I love so much.  I am so excited at the thought of hanging this every year and adding to it as my girls grow.
{I need to see if I can get a few from my hubby's family to add to it. Hint, hint!}

So much fun, such a much needed break! A good day around, but now back to work...
Go make yourself a wreath, it will make you happy too!

Happy Crafting
 

4 comments:

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

That's so great that you took a day off and got to do what YOU wanted to do! :) Your tree and wreath look great, love it!

Natalie Rose said...

Love the wreath idea...so special! Beautiful tree too!

Wilson Family said...

I still liked my idea about going around your house to find some craft ideas..but NOOO you had to move,grr,lol

Andy Porter said...

Wow! How cute are you?? I'm loving your tree and the wreath is beautiful!
Thanks so much for linking!

Andy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...