Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Year Challenges...


As the start of a new year sneaks closer and closer I find myself thinking about the year past and the year to come. The past year has brought so much change to my life-fortunately,the majority of it has been good. I am definitely blessed beyond measure of that I am sure! 
So with a smile in my heart I say goodbye to 2010 and hello to 2011...
 
So about those "New Year's Resolutions", do you make them? I've never really been good at them, namely because I resolve to do things I know will NEVER happen {like learn to love jogging... right, you actually have to be a jogger first} and then I just feel like a big loser because I didn't stick to anything. 
I needed to re-think my process...
 
This year I'm playing it different, I'm not resolving to do anything.  Instead I'm challenging myself to accomplish something. I am a {slightly} competitive person. I can handle losing, I just don't like it. I can accept not being the best, it just inspires me to do a better job at it next time. Tell me I can't do something and you better believe that I will find away to "can!"
I'm hoping this will work for me and that come this time next year I will have a good sized list of challenges checked off as DONE!
Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.
 
Here's what I want to know though, what works for you and how are you going to accomplish it? I read once that a "goal" is only a wish until you write it down. So, here's your platform,write it down for all of us to see. {and be inspired by}
I'll start...I'm challenging myself to be more aware of my commitments and to organize/prioritize my time appropriately to best accomplish each of them.
(It sounds so much more official when you use BIG words...)
 
please, leave a comment with your new challenges or resolutions, or whatever you need to call them...we all need the inspiration and encouragement
and Happy New Year!!!

4 comments:

Hollie said...

Nice resolution, Wendy!! I plan to try and purge/organize my house (more specifically, the office and our closet). We have been accumulating "stuff" for years and it's time to let some of it go and hopefully carve out a space for our baby to be.

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

I am hoping to learn how to "balance" my life better. To focus on what matters the very most (my family) and let everything else (crafting, blogging, dieting) find it's own place somewhere below that.

Valerie said...

For me, the last few years have been about simplifying, and I've narrowed it down to one main goal: "Be a Little Better".
I do also have some projects/tasks that I want to complete this year and a few other goals that I will be working on...but overall, just working on being a little bit better works for me.

Unknown said...

I too LOVE that quote, "try a little harder to be a little better",it will soon be hanging above the door to my house-A great daily reminder!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...