Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday's Menu...

On today's menu are some delicious holiday throw pillows! I am SO excited to figure these out, and once I do, I'm sharing the patterns with you! Look for them {hopefully} tomorrow...
  
Until then I have to share one of my favorite holiday traditions with you.
This is one my entire family {big and small} get in on cause it's so much fun!
 
It's our annual Christmas Candy Cane Hunt!
 
My sister started this a few years ago with our family. My kiddos enjoy it so much that even though we've moved to far to be home for the big event, we hold our own.
 
You start with a bunch of these:
 
We get every participant a different colored/designed candy cane. This helps to let you know what you're looking for and to be sure everyone gets the same amount of goodies. 

 The canes are taken outside and hidden all over the yard-the older you are the harder they are to find! Once everyone is clear on what color they are looking for, the hunt begins.

I've added a bit of a twist with my own girls. I also hide a large peppermint stick. The finder of the stick gets to open the first present on Christmas Eve.
Go to fullsize image
Once all the candy canes are found we head inside for a mug of cocoa and of course- a candy cane!
It is SO much fun, I think you need to have one too!
 
Have a great Monday and Happy Crafting!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

kristenhcubed said...

I think you are right! I do need to have one of these! Thanks for the reminder.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...