Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 5- Mini to Mighty Glitter Ornament

I am a huge fan of blown glass ornaments. You know, the really ornate, brightly colored, expensive ones that are far to easily broken by curious little hands. Yeah-those beautiful ones. I have sadly avoided these because I fear for their survival. I think I may have found a solution!

 I have been tossing around a way to re-create these ornaments with wood finials and knobs but couldn't get around how heavy they would be and then yesterday I found these...
PLASTIC mini ornaments in all kinds of fun shapes, colors, and sizes. What they sold as a tree topper was going to become my finial! It's light weight, super glittery, and best yet-won't break if it gets knocked off the tree! Hooray for the brilliance of others!

I just played with the shapes until I found a design  I liked. I removed the silver tops off of the round ornaments, cut down the necks on the rounds and the topper, and then hot glued everything together. I think it might get some ribbon or maybe even a little feather boa, but for the most part it feels an ornamental void I've had for years. Can't wait to make more...
Happy Crafting!
***I used the small left over ornaments to make a few more combined ones, waste not right!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...