Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 18-Alcohol Ink Bulb

Have you made the glass ornaments where you pop the top, pour in the paint, and then swirl to get a
marble-y look? So this is really similar but instead of paint I used alcohol ink.

This stuff is so cool!
 I used Adirondack Alcohol Inks and Adirondack Metallic Mixatives, both can be purchased at Hobby Lobby, Micheals, Jo-Ann's etc.
The ink itself leaves a beautiful, vibrant color to the glass. I almost left it! But then I added in the metallic gold and MAGIC! The gold leaves the cool texture you can see in the photo.

So here's the perks:
A little goes a long way, so you can make a lot of them.
The ink dries within a few minutes so you're not waiting all day for the paint to dry.
The ink comes in a pack of three coordinating colors so you can mix and match your colors,
and it's really fun!

Happy Crafting!

***just a few more days to sign up for the Far away Friends Ornament Exchange, email me if your interested!***
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...