Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 18-Alcohol Ink Bulb

Have you made the glass ornaments where you pop the top, pour in the paint, and then swirl to get a
marble-y look? So this is really similar but instead of paint I used alcohol ink.

This stuff is so cool!
 I used Adirondack Alcohol Inks and Adirondack Metallic Mixatives, both can be purchased at Hobby Lobby, Micheals, Jo-Ann's etc.
The ink itself leaves a beautiful, vibrant color to the glass. I almost left it! But then I added in the metallic gold and MAGIC! The gold leaves the cool texture you can see in the photo.

So here's the perks:
A little goes a long way, so you can make a lot of them.
The ink dries within a few minutes so you're not waiting all day for the paint to dry.
The ink comes in a pack of three coordinating colors so you can mix and match your colors,
and it's really fun!

Happy Crafting!

***just a few more days to sign up for the Far away Friends Ornament Exchange, email me if your interested!***

1 comment:

MaryBerry Boutique said...

OK you have the cutest crafts ever! I love your 2x4 blocks! they are crazy cute and your frosty is so darn cute! Im going to show these off on my blog they are just toooo cute!
maryberryboutique.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...