Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 13- Candy Cane Hearts

Hello my name is Wendy and I am addicted to candy canes. Seriously, I LOVE THEM! I have loved them for as long as I can remember. I hide boxes of them so that I don't have to share with my kids.  It makes me sad that we seem to move straight from Halloween to Christmas-except that I can buy candy canes in October! If I thought I could get away with it I'd hand them out at Halloween. So it should come as no surprise then that I would have them on my Christmas tree.

I originally thought to make these as a gift tag of sorts using real candy canes. A cute little addition to a gift and a treat all in one. Then I ran across these plastic ones at Dollar Tree and liked the idea of something a bit more permanent. I just hot glued two canes together, then glued on a bow and flower to dress it up a bit. Thought about a ribbon hanger but decided I like the idea of just looping it over a tree limb better.
These are going to look great on my "Christmas Candy" tree!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...