Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Monday, January 31, 2011

Knock-Off Inspired Contest @ 733...

Ruffle Pillow from Pier 1
Kim over at seven thiry three is hosting a fun Knock-Off inspired contest. You have until Feb 11, to enter your best knock-off inspired project. Grab your project and head on over to enter. As I have pillows on the brain{still}, this is what I'm entering...


This fantastic little gem resides at Pier 1 for a mere $29.95, gorgeous but not what I want to spend on a pillow, especially when I need at least 4!


Praise be to the knock-off, here's the one I came up with, and at about $7.50 per pillow, it's like I  bought 1and got 3 for free!!!

I used a 12x12 pillow form and about 1 1/2-2 yds  of 100% cotton fabric, cut into 3x3 inch squares, per pillow. As these won't be used for anything other than looking at, I put them together with a lot of fabric glue. A dab in the middle of each square, and then pinched together to form the ruffles,  and then more glue on the form to hold the ruffle in place. I started in the center and worked my way out, tucking the new layers underneath the already established ones.
Be sure to check back on Wednesday to see what I made to match! It's big, and tall, and hangs on the wall...and I LOVE it! {And it was inspired by a paint sample pamphlet-another knock off of sorts!}





 
Happy {Knock-Off} Crafting! 
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...