Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Monday, January 24, 2011

Our fight against Cancer

I have to start by saying I am SO glad last week is over! It was a tough one. Driving back home I made the  to my husband that I hadn't felt that emotionally drained and just plain tired in years.  
Thank you to so many of you for your sweet and uplifting words. Your thoughtfulness touched my heart and your prayers were indeed felt.
Our grandma spent a few days in the Huntsman Cancer Institute early last week. While waiting for another series of treatment she and my husband ran across a small 12x12 tile with the following quote:
 
Cancer is so limited.
It cannot destroy love, it cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot destroy people, it cannot kill friendship.
It cannot surpress memories, it cannot silence courage.
It cannot invade the soul, it cannot steal eternal life.
It cannot conquer the spirit.
 
She commented to my husband how true it was and that she wished she had a copy of it to share with all of us dealing with her illness.
 


We put our heads together and quickly came up with something we could give her. She asked that I share it, so that others might find the strength and comfort that she did in those words.
I hate cancer.
It took my mother, mine and my husband's grandfathers, and now our sweet grandma. It's mean and ugly, and hurts so many. I do hope that any one that has been touched by this disease can find strength in these words and hear the truth in them.
Cancer can take pieces or all of our bodies, but it cannot take who we are!
 
Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers.
 I've included a link to the document I created for our grandma. Please print and share it with anyone you think it might help.  


 
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...