Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Monday, January 24, 2011

Baked French Toast and Banana Crumb Muffins

Monday Munchies...

I will be the first to admit that my eating habits are really lousy.
I never eat "meals" until it's time for dinner, I kind of forget to eat,
and breakfast?
 I don't think I've had breakfast in the a.m. hours since elementary school ...unless, does a Coke Zero count?
{I do however, make sure my girls start off the day on a good note!}
But breakfast in the p.m....YES PLEASE!
It has to be one of my favorite ways to end a day.
 Here is one of our favorite breakfast for dinner meals...
 
 
Baked French Toast Recipe
Recipe and photo via Country Door Recipes
Baked French Toast
 
1 loaf of French bread
3 eggs
1 cup of half and half
1 cup of milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon

Cut the French bread in to 1 1/2" slices and place in a baking dish, sprayed with a nonstick spray. Mix all of the above ingredients in a large bowl (until fluffy) and pour over bread evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
{I make it in the morning after the girls are gone to school and then keep it in the fridge all day}


For topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. corn syrup
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) of melted butter

Mix all the ingredients well, and refrigerate as well.

The following morning, thaw out the topping or place in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften. Spread over each piece of French bread, preheat oven to 350° F and bake for 40 minutes. Serve hot with pure maple syrup.
 
No time to cook in the morning?
Bake these up the afternoon before and you're ready for the day...
Banana Crumb Muffins
This recipe was linked up to my first T.G.I.F. party, and I couldn't wait to try it. Muffins are a BIG deal at my house, {we call them breakfast cupcakes} and these didn't disappoint!
 
You can find the recipe and directions at It's All In My Head!
Thanks Stef!
Happy Eating...

1 comment:

Stef said...

Thanks for the Feature! I'm going to have to try that French Toast.. It looks Delish ;)
Stef
itsallinmyheadstefsblog.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...