Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Monday, May 13, 2013

May WYLTC...Chalkboard Paint Projects!!!

It's Wood You Like to Craft? time again and this month I got to choose the theme.
Oh! What's a girl to do? So many projects on the to-do list...
 
I have been dying to get a bit more organized in my kitchen, particularly in  my pantry so
{selfishly} I opted for CHALKBOARD PAINT PROJECTS for May's theme.
 
I love chalkboard paint, my girls LOVE chalkboard paint, and as I searched for the perfect idea I found that lots of people like chalkboard paint too! My project list only grew as I kept searching.
 But, in the end I found my inspiration and here's what I came up with...
  
I LOVE it!
I adore clocks of all shapes and sizes and adding one to this fun little chalkboard just makes my heart smile.
I started with the intention of building a simple frame and then opened up the closet and found one there, the perfect size, just waiting to be used. So I swapped out the glass for a thin piece of MDF cut to fit the frame.
I used my chalkboard paint on the MDF--probably 4 layers, maybe 5.
{Not sure, I was catching up on Dance Moms while I worked...}
 
Once that was done and drying I turned to the frame. Some white paint there and a bit of sandpaper gave it the look I wanted, and then I re-assembled my frame/chalkboard.
 
On to the clock...I found this little gem at Goodwill, only $2! It was bright red and said "Happy Holidays!". The cashier thought I was crazy for buying it, you should have seen the look she gave me. But it was the perfect size and had all the hardware.
I pulled the hardware off, painted it black and then white, and then sanded it to match the frame. I covered up the holiday greeting with some scrapbook paper, added a few numbers, and then put it all back together again.
 
I added a few small wooden blocks to the frame to help support the clock and then glued it onto the top of the frame. **Be sure to set the clock high enough that you can still get to the battery compartment**
 
And last, I tied a piece of ribbon around the frame and added a few small clothespins to hold pictures, notes, recipes, etc.
Isn't it just SO cute!
Right now, it's still in the "LOOK! Mom put a chalkboard on the pantry for us to color on" stage so grocery/to-do lists might have to wait a few more days. But, once the novelty wears off I will be one step closer to my organized goal.
 
I am thrilled with my project and cannot wait to see what the other WYLTC gals have come up with. Check back all week for some great ideas on how to use your stash of chalkboard paint {cause I know you have some...}
 
Have a great week and as always, happy crafting!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...