Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Munchies...South of the Border!

Happy Monday and Happy May!
 Can you believe it's already that far into the year?
My kiddos only have a few weeks of school left-unbelievable!
We had a great weekend, end of the season softball parties, last of the spring soccer games, mulched and planted the gardens, and got a project or two finished.
 
We also had a great dinner Saturday night-homemade Mexican! Y.U.M.
I am such a wimp when it comes to any type of spice, while the rest of my family can't get it hot enough, so keeping it made at home lets us all be as "HOT" as we can take it.

I found a great salsa recipe that added to everything.
My own little bowl of extra mild, and a big bowl of holy-cow-that-will-burn-your-tonsils-out hot for the rest of them!
Just play with the peppers to adjust the heat...
Joe's Salsa 

Recipe via Favorite Family Recipes

 
So what did we have with our salsa?
Black Beans and Cilantro Lime Rice
 
and Chicken Chimmies!
Super fast and easy...
4 chicken breasts seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder pan fried then shredded. 
A few TBS of chicken is then placed onto a tortilla with a sprinkle of green onions and monterey jack cheese. Roll like a burrito and then cook in a frying pan, turning until all the sides are a crunchy, light brown.
Add the salsa, sour cream, guacamole and enjoy! 
 
So good. So quick and easy. So muy bueno!!!
 
Happy Eating...
 
Keep those salad recipes coming! I'm loving them!!!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

so Cowboy Caviar isn't really a salad, but it is SO SO good and your mexican night made me think of it. You should try it.

Unknown said...

I can eat a whole bag of tortilla chips with a BUCKET 'O SALSA!

I just LOVE Salsa! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...