Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Monday, May 16, 2011

Birthday "Fishes" and {Easy} Cream Cheese Frosting!

Last week was the week of a million cupcakes!
 I think by week's end I was up to 10 dozen, that 's a lot of cupcakes...
these were my favorites of the collection.
My "summer birthday" gal was celebrating her special day and wanted fish cupcakes.
 


Thanks to circus peanuts, peanut butter and mini m&m's, and apple jacks we ended up with two dozen little swimmers!
(Decorating Ideas via "What's New, Cupcake?")
I added a little flag to each cupcake that read "Happy Birthday Fishes Ashlyn!"
They went over very well, went together pretty quick, and caused me to find a great
"faux" cream cheese frosting.
 
I was in a bit of a hurry and realized I was out of powdered sugar to finish the frosting-no time to hit the store. I did have a can of this...
 


I'd heard that if you add a tsp of vanilla to a can of frosting it helps it to taste not so out-of-a-can.
So I added 2 and a brick of cream cheese, whipped it all together and WOW!
It was good! Super creamy with just that little bite that cream cheese frosting has.
I may never make the real stuff again!

Hope your week is off to a great start, happy munching!

 
 


Thanks to those of you that have shared your recipes! We've had so much fun trying them, I've even shared a few with my friends-they think you're all geniuses!!!!
 
 

2 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Cute cupcakes! And a great tip for the frosting! I'm definitely trying that next time I don't have time to make some from scratch. Thanks!

Mindie Hilton said...

I am a new follower with gfc. Found you at the not so moody Monday link up at m.Scribe. I would love for you to follow back.

http://www.bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/ for lots of crafts, recipes (with and with out bacon) and give aways. I have two you could enter now.

I am going to join your link up recipe fun now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...