Hi there! And welcome to Craft Goodies. I'm thrilled that you've stopped by and hope you find something here that makes your visit a great one...

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Good Weekend!

Oh it was such a great weekend! So many things accomplished and the good part...they were a lot of fun, and I am loving everyone of them.

First, YEAH!!! The hubby and the good camera made it back home so here are a few pics of the Halloween Board I posted on Friday. The tutorial is a few posts down. Again this was a super fast and easy project and it looks awesome on my mantle.  Go ahead and makeone for yourself-you're going to love it too!










 This little guy came about from a dinner joke. You know when your kids get to the age they find their sense of humor and everything can be made into a joke? And everything is made into a joke, 99% of which are NOT funny...we are there, again.
We were eating dinner Saturday night getting our nightly dose of humor when my 6 yr old shared this one:


Knock,knock.
Who's there?
Owl.
Owl who?
Owl see you soon!


Her delivery was so great I had to find a way to remember it. I re-worded her joke just a bit and then put it on canvas. 

I painted the background and tree with spray paint! (I made a stencil for my tree) The lettering I did with stickers, sealed it with a layer or two of Modge Podge, and then crafted my little owl friend from felt. Needless to say, my 6 yr old is so proud!




And here they are together, keeping an eye on us from up on the mantle. So much Halloween fun in one spot.

Did I mention it was a good weekend?
And still one more completed project to share.

Look for it tomorrow...here's a heads up. I jumped on the subway art trend wagon, family syle!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...